Today Minh and Jess try to navigate the environment of Input Tax Credits, GST Free supplies and claiming for GST within the specific lens of investing in SDA (What are these concepts? When do they apply? When and for what can you claim?).
In this episode, we try to walk listeners through this complex area, so that listeners can come away with some key questions to ask their professional advisors/tax advisers/accountants when looking to invest in SDA. We go over topics such as:
- Input Tax Credits and GST free supplies (and what are they in an SDA property sense)
- Factors which have the ability to affect whether or not you would be able to claim for GST on the build of a SDA property
- Ongoing taxation considerations for when the SDA is tenanted, and best practice for claiming GST in this scenario
- Specific reference to key ATO published decisions about GST in building SDA and the NDIS minister's determination about SDA services their treatment with respect to GST
- Things to consider asking your financial/tax adviser/accountant about this unique topic in SDA property, to make sure they are giving you the most comprehensive tax advice possible for your individual situation
As always, we are not providing financial/tax/legal advice - we are just trying to bring as much *relevant* information as possible to people in the SDA space where information and answers aren't always easy to find.
LEAVE US A GOOGLE REVIEW!
FOLLOW US ON:
It is our goal to see Participants with high-needs disabilities being appropriately housed in accommodation that is right for them. Purpose built homes promote opportunities for social and economic participation, enhance self-determination, and create conditions for Participants to lead vibrant, safe, and independent lives.
Information contained in this podcast is general in nature only. It does not consider the objectives, financial situation, or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information and should seek independent and professional advice for your personal circumstances.